Dec 27, 2013

Espiq Kuchen - German Modular Kitchen

 
Espiq Bangalore
Courtesy: Espiq
Espiq Kuchen is a German modular kitchen brand which is possibly new in India. Looks like they have a tie-up with an Indian partner named O'teak. However I can't really confirm these details. They have a new sales office in Ascendas mall in ITPL, Whitefiled. Unfortunately for the sales manager ( if he was one ) we managed to troop in there during one of our mall visits. For a second or 2, it seemed like we should not have entered the office. However I stubbornly continued " We have come to look at the kitchens. ". 

There wasn't much to look at honestly. Two extremely small layouts of few cupboards and modules. One of them had a counter. Just like my experience in Gilma-Spagnol, I had to ask very specific questions on what material was present. Was it veneer, or lacquer or something else. I believe the sales guy called the veneer material as wood. Of course by then I had given up hope of getting proper info. 

I proceeded to inquire about the pricing. Often pricing tells you a lot about the brand etc. That was when I faced the next bouncer of a question. " What bhk flat do you have ? If it is 2 bhk then it is Rs X Lakh and if it is 3 bhk then it is Rs Y Lakh". ( For some reason I can't remember the exact pricing. However I do remember that the kitchen for 3 bhk was priced at less than Rs 4 Lakh ). Well there wasn't much of a problem with that , except that despite the number of bedrooms, flats can have different sizes. Hence their kitchens would have different sizes. As a result, the cost would automatically differ. So  I was a bit surprised to hear fixed quotations for the different number of bedrooms

Finally I decided to just collect the catalog and make a quiet exit. Unfortunately they didn't have catalogs. "How am I supposed to get to see your designs to choose. You don't really have too many designs here". The guy promptly pointed me to their website www.espiq.in and handed a business card with the details. Although my hand flew out right away to collect the card, he decided to hand it to  my silent partner who was just aimlessly staring away while I carried on the conversation. Being used to such behavior, I just flicked out the card from the recipient's fingers and left with a "Thank you". Of course I can't remember what I was thanking him for. 

To be honest, I am not sure I liked the materials that I saw. Apart from the few modules and cupboards, they used an Elica chimney and professed to use Hettich fittings. I am assuming that according to the conversation customization might be limited. However the pictures on the Espiq website are rather nice. There are also some offers on total interior packages which include wardrobe, dressers, etc which might make for a good value proposition. 

Location in Bangalore:
EspiQ Kuchen
Shop N.2F22, II Floor, Ascendas Park Square Maill
ITPB, Whitefield Main Road, Bangalore 560066
Tel: 080-28026650

Website"
www.espiq.in
www.oteak.in

Email:
sales@espiq.in
sales@oteak.in

Read before commenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment