Aug 2, 2013

In the search of a Modular Kitchen in Bangalore

Quite some time back I chanced upon an Elle Decor magazine and that introduced me to the world of interiors. Since a lot of my work touches upon Design Thinking and related problem solving design methods ( I did end up using Jobs To Be Done for designing my laundry and store space successfully), I realized that good design isn't about pretty objects. It's about making things work they should and making the life of the user easier. One of the products of that understanding was that a well-designed modular kitchen would make my life easier. I was very particular about the shutter finish and since I didn't have contacts of really good contractors and designers, modular furniture (and  hence kitchen ) brands seemed to be the other option.

Once I was settled on the fact that I would be purchasing a modular kitchen from the available brands, choosing one became a hell of a job.

How do you compare one brand to another? 

Most importantly how is the experience after you make the payment. 

Is the installation handled well? 

What about post-sales service? 

Interestingly, although the modular kitchen brands have been around in India for many years, there isn't enough info about them. Apart from one review on Veneta Cucine  which is not encouraging obviously none of the opinions floating around are from actual owners. ( I believe Veneta Cucine lost a lot of potential customers because of that extremely objective review.) All this makes things very difficult. What I tend to assume from this is that either the owners are extremely satisfied or the negatives aren't extreme enough for them to come and vent online. 

Either ways, assumption wasn't enough for me. I hoped that when folks would come across my blog they would share their experiences. While that hasn't happened a lot, the blog and some of the comments would be quite helpful to anyone on the same journey as me. And my only request would be to add your experiences here so that others can also benefit from the knowledge. 

Read before commenting.

2 comments:

  1. Really informative blog. We are in the market for a modular kitchen and are now considering a German brand, though our budget is not high. Believe it makes to buy something simple but of top quality since this will be the most used space in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nick. Have you decided on your buy?

      Delete