Apr 5, 2015

Italian modular kitchens from Scavolini

Scavolini India
Courtesy: Scavolini
In my search for other stuff related to house interiors, I usually chance upon different stores who also take care of modular kitchens. A lot of these stores have come up ( or have been advertised or known to me ) slightly after the long search for a modular kitchen brand ended. While it is a shame that I wasn't able to look at all of these before, it could also be a blessing in disguise. Too much of choice confuses most humans (including myself) and I doubt I would have been able to take a good decision. Also dear partner would have finally protested at the "torture" of accompanying me everywhere and trying to smile through everything. One such brand was Scavolini. I remember searching for it initially, ending up at another store on Inner Ring Road and finally giving up.

In Bangalore, Sai Gallerium is the dealer for Scavolini kitchens. Sai is already well known for their collection of imported tiles and accessories. They store numerous other brands and we managed to have look at a Versace dining table along with huge mirror and decor elements full of bling along with it. Since the Facebook page for Scavolini by Sai has started posting from Jan 2015 I assume they have been set up some time before it.

We managed to have a cursory look at the kitchens and I liked the one with a mossy green
Scavolini India
Courtesy: Scavolini
lacquer wall cabinets and dark wood base cabinets. And as in all Italian kitchens, there are numerous colours like orange, pink, purple and others available. However what I was really floored by was the Caesarstone countertop one of the kitchens. Unfortunately these are pricier than the usual granite and Corian countertops but are less porous and hence vulnerable to stains, visible seams than a granite countertops. Caesarstone is not 100% natural like a granite in case that matters for you. In India, Hafele is the official partner for Caesarstone brand but a lot of modular kitchen brands, including Scavolini also offer this as an option for the countertop.

My learnings from the European Kitchen Design blog made me think that Scavolini would be on the pricier side and I still don't have solid data to confirm or reject that. However, I got to know that a very basic kitchen starts at 2.5L but it would be best to visit Sai Gallerium, have a look and discuss with the designers if possible.

Sai Gallerium is present at 100 Feet Road Indirangar, Banashankari and Banaswadi. You can look up their addresses and contact numbers at their Contact page.

Read before commenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment